Theatre in the Park, Harare Gardens: The 2nd Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba is pleased to invite arts professionals, academics, producers, administrators, creators and arts workers to submit proposals for presentation at the 2nd Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba to be held in Harare 5-6 July 2017.
Theme: Look into the Future
The Theatre Indaba will explore the following sub-themes:
- Theatre Touring in an Economic Crunch-An exploration of New Financial models
- From Live to Digital-Understanding the impact of Digital Developments in Theatre on Audiences, Production and Distribution
- Towards meaningful participation and representation of women and children in Zimbabwean theatre
- Investment in theatre training, development, equipment and infrastructure
- Meeting Ethical and Reputational Challenges-Freedom of Artistic expression towards 2018 election
- Towards a code of practice for venues and Producers-Zimbabwe Theatre Venue consortium
- Best practices towards a sustainable theatre practice-key lessons from regional and international theatre spaces and networks
- Theatre & IP Rights a writer’s perspective
- Towards a National Theatre Strategy - Mapping the way forward post-Indaba
The local theatre sector can be considered to be at the crossroads, faced with many challenges at the global, national and local levels such as: a lack of funding, ineffective associations, the impact of new technologies on training, production, distribution and marketing; and increasing political and public policy repression on freedom of artistic expression.
We are also seeking suggestions of keynote speakers, panellists or presenters of case studies who can successfully address the above sub-themes of the Theatre Indaba.
Proposals need to be submitted to us via the following form to email@example.com by 20 June 2017.
For further information, relating to the development of the Theatre Indaba, we invite you to join the group Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba.
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
CALL FOR PAPERS APPLICATION
- Name of main presenter
- Name of co-presenter
- Style of Presentation
- Poster Session
- Other (specify)
- Length of Presentation – Max 20 minutes
- Target Audience
- Media Needs
- LCD Projector
- TV/ HSTV/ DVD
- Application form
- Paper -¬ 100 words brief biography
- Photo - JPEG attachment
- Paper - 500 words description of proposed Indaba presentation
- Paper - 150 words description of Indaba presentation for program book
- Video – less than two minutes in ASL brief biography about yourself and submit via YOUTUBE
- Video – less than five minutes’ description of Indaba proposal and submit via YOUTUBE