Theatre In the Park, Harare Gardens: The 2nd Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba is pleased to invite arts professionals, academics, producers, administrators, creators and arts workers to submit proposals for presentation at the 2nd Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba to be held in Harare 5-6 July 2017.
Theme: Look into the Future
The Theatre Indaba will explore the following sub-themes:
- Theatre Touring in An Economic Crunch-An exploration of New Financial models
- From Live to Digital-Understanding the impact of Digital Developments in Theatre on Audiences, Production and Distribution
- Towards meaningful participation and representation of women and children in Zimbabwean theatre
- Investment in theatre training, development, equipment and infrastructure
- Meeting Ethical and Reputational Challenges-Freedom of Artistic expression towards 2018 election
- Towards a code of practice for venues and producers-Zimbabwe Theatre Venue consortium
- Best practices towards a sustainable theatre practice-key lessons from regional and international theatre spaces and networks
- Theatre & IP Rights a writer’s perspective
- Towards a National Theatre Strategy - Mapping the way forward post-Indaba
The local theatre sector can be considered to be at the crossroads, faced with many challenges at the global, national and local levels such as: a lack of funding, ineffective associations, the impact of new technologies on training, production, distribution and marketing; and increasing political and public policy repression on freedom of artistic expression.
We are also seeking suggestions of keynote speakers, panelists or presenters of case studies who can successfully address the above sub-themes of the Theatre Indaba.
Proposals need to be submitted to us via the following form to email@example.com by 20 June 2017.
For further information relating to the development of the Theatre Indaba, we invite you to join the group Zimbabwe Theatre Indaba.
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
CALL FOR PAPERS APPLICATION
Name of main presenter
Name of co-presenter
Style of Presentation
Length of Presentation – Max 20 minutes
TV/ HSTV/ DVD
Paper -¬ 100 words brief biography
Photo - JPEG attachment
Paper - 500 words description of proposed Indaba presentation
Paper - 150 words description of Indaba presentation for program book
Video – less than two minutes in ASL brief biography about yourself and submit via YOUTUBE
Video – less than five minutes description of Indaba proposal and submit via YOUTUBE
If you have any question and/ or concern, please contact: Zaza Muchemwa at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com